Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Twisted Principles...

Ever since I was a child my parents taught me certain principles... certain beliefs...

It's so hard now as an adult realising that the principles/beliefs you were taught as a child were somewhat skewed... Bare with me, my thoughts are so jumbled I'm trying so hard to piece things out. Maybe skewed is the wrong word. The way I was raised was great, it has made me who I am. And who I am now has an amazing and loving boyfriend, great friends, ...great life. But with the way I was raised, I feel that if I were to ever go against those principles/beliefs... that I would be an automatic disappointment. A let down. Because with the principles/beliefs I was raised to believe... that's the only way, it's the right way.

Hmm... I'm just so torn.

1 comment:

  1. I don't think you should disregard the fact that you ARE feeling torn... Usually it's because we know something we don't want to accept because it's hard. There'd be no debate in your head if you felt what you were taught was wrong.

    And on the other hand, we all have our free agency and if you feel you are making the best decision for yourself then there is no reason to feel like you are disappointing people/letting them down.

    Call me if you need to!

    Love you.

    ReplyDelete